Monday, March 8, 2010

razor-sharp rants

as the blood from my open cut sprays off of the razor and onto the cold white tiles
I can't help but be particularly annoyed.
it only got worse as I saw he wasn't at the gym like he said he would be.

I am ending this night on a particularly rant ridden note:
My head is strangely energized and enraged. take ten minutes of quickie shaving, an hour of fitness, a pint of cold milk, & an hour long phone conversation with a dear old friend.

I can't help but wonder:
1) Why does a guy have to be tell you where and when he'll be (ie: gym, monday night, 10-11) instead of just asking for your number?
And then he doesn't even flippin' show up!
2) Why do girls have to shave so many more places than men? Why? I have sensitive skin. It's dry due to this scale inducing winter. Ouch. When guys have 5'oclock I don't even complain because I LIKE IT! Why is this? I don't understand. The one place guys are expected to shave and they are more attractive to me when they get a little lazy with it. Bizarre.
3) Why am I always told to wait two days to call a guy and play hard to get? Everyone likes the chase, I'm told, keep the chase going.
4) I'm kind of wondering if slam poetry is ruining true poetry. The slam poetry I heard last weekend sounded way too centered around shock value rather than the beautiful and rhythm of the words. More curses should not equal more clapping (or snapping, as it happens).
5) Midterms are kicking my ass. Even though I'm prepared, I get so damned nervous. I hate anxiety.

Good news?
-Spring Break starts Friday.
--> Spring Break means yoga
--->It means family
---->It means good food, good laughs, good sleeps,
----->Warm showers with hard water & soft beds
...A week away from feeling a stranger in my own suite (on campus).

I raise this glass of milk to you as a toast:
& drink to optimism

No comments:

Post a Comment